Welcome to Boscobel Wisconsin
Boscobel, Wisconsin, the birthplace of The Gideon Bible, on the lower Wisconsin River, is your gateway to the unglaciated "Driftless Area" of Wisconsin, truly one of the state's most beautiful and pristine regions. Here in the southwest Wisconsin city of Boscobel, you'll find the charm of years gone by and the conveniences of today.
The historic Boscobel Hotel, built in 1863 and originally known as the Central House, is the birthplace of the Gideon Bible. Located in the heart of downtown, this native limestone landmark is one of two buildings in Boscobel listed on the National Register of Historic Places. If you love history, you will want to visit our museums and attend Muskets & Memories, one of the largest Civil War reenactment events in the Midwest.
The thriving downtown community offers a wide variety of restaurants, stores, and unique shops. Excellent schools, churches, parks, recreation programs, library and senior center support an enriching community life. Gundersen Boscobel Area Hospital and Clinics is a full-service medical facility providing 24-hour emergency care, in-patient and out-patient care, and long-term nursing care.
A modern Industrial Park is home to businesses that employ a workforce known for high productivity, low absenteeism, and an excellent work ethic. Boscobel businesses enjoy the advantages of the Boscobel Municipal Airport and local freight train service.
In addition to the attractions and outdoor activities in the City of Boscobel, there is much to do and explore nearby. With the Lower Wisconsin River fishing (all year), canoeing, kayaking, bird watching, and floating the river is just a good start.
There are over 170 trout streams (nearly 90 are designated as high quality Class I streams) in Grant County and neighboring counties of Richland and Crawford, making the area a destination for trout fishing. The area is also well known for small game, deer, and turkey hunting. Simply driving the rural roads and viewing the beauty from various vantage points in the unique Driftless Area of Wisconsin, is an adventure to share with family and friends.
We welcome you to the city of Boscobel, Wisconsin! We hope you enjoy our wonderful community. Please contact the city office with any questions or concerns. 608-375-5001
Halloween in Boscobel
- Trick or Treat Hours in the City of Boscobel will be Friday, Oct. 31 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. Please leave your porch light on for the Trick-or-Treaters!
- Trick or Treat at the Boscobel Fire Station during community trick-or-treat hours. Contact Todd Fischer at 608-604-4917 for more information.
- Trick or Treat at Boscobel Care & Rehab (Nursing Home). 1st floor dining room. 6:45 pm to 7:45 pm. Please follow the signs.
- Halloween Dance at the Blaine Gym sponsored by the Boscobel Fire Department. All ages are welcome from 7:00 to 9:30; Grades 7 thru 12 only from 9:30 to Midnight. Cost - FREE
- VFW Gilbertson-Pitzer Post 10393 will be sponsoring a Haunted House at the Bohlman House (across from the hospital). Hours are from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Oct. 24, 25, 31 and Nov. 1. Admission: $5.00. See Haunted House poster